I got hacked, what should I do?
If you were hacked, this most likely would have happened for several possible reasons:
- Your computer has been hacked (malware / spyware) and you have saved your personal information on your computer.
- You have visited a malicious phishing website that has stolen your information.
- You gave your private key or source phrase to someone or a site.
- You have provided the website / smart contract with unlimited access to your funds
- You installed a fake extension that stole your funds.
Try to analyze your browser history and scan your computer to rule out further information leakage. If you find any suspicious phishing websites, please let us know through support so we can prevent this from happening with other users in the future. If you have more information, please let us know.
- Install the extension in another browser (or create a different profile in the browser of your choice) or create a new account by downloading a new mobile app.
- When asked, create a new password
- Record and keep in a safe place
- Go back to the hacked account and send funds to the newly created account
- Stop using the old account as soon as possible.
- Unfortunately, transactions can neither be reversed nor can you skip restoring funds.
- The original phrases cannot be edited or changed.