How to speed up a hung transaction
In the case of Ethereum, you can increase the gas limit and gas price to speed up the transaction. If you are willing to pay more, your transaction will take a higher place in the waiting list and is almost guaranteed to be included in the next block.
During periods of extremely high volumes and high gas prices, transactions can expect production for hours, if not days.
If your transaction is stuck in the Pending status, you can replace it with a new transaction.
The easiest way to do this is to send a transaction for the sum of 0 ETH to your own address, with the same nonce value and a higher gas price. This will cancel your first transaction.
If you have made a payment and the payment still has not passed, it may be frozen, to check it and speed up, we take the following steps:
1. Copy your number of a purse
2. Go to the site etherscan.io (be sure to check out the short guide on Etherscan.io and the GAS limit)
3. Insert your wallet number in this field
4. If we see the value of Pending which has been held for more than 30 minutes then the transaction is frozen
5. Transaction freezes happen due to incorrect gas settings learn about gas limits here
6.First, you need to understand that you can only replace a transaction if it has the status "Pending". If this is not the case, then the transaction cannot be undone.
So, go to Metamask and click on "Settings". Next, “Advanced” and scroll down to find the item "Customize transaction nonce".
7. Next, go to the Etherscan block browser, enter the Ethereum address and click on the suspended transaction. Scrolling down you can see the item " Nonce”:
8.Remember the number and return to the Meta mask wallet.
You need to send yourself 0 ETH, and on the confirmation screen, enter the nonce value from Etherscan (in our case, it's 37). We also recommend that you make sure that you set the correct gas prise this time, (you can use the service ethgasstation.info).
9. Confirm the transaction that should replace the stuck transaction. We go to Etherscan and expect the funds to arrive soon.